Breaking News

Kingsley Voice

Kingsley Voice

The evolution of the X-Men franchise

X-Men has always been popular amongst many fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and other comic book fanatics. After a long absence from television and film, the Uncanny X-Men have finally returned. 

The superhero team known as the X-Men was originally a comic book series published by Marvel Comics in September of 1963. It follows these species which are called mutants, who were all born with a gene called the X-gene which allows them to have superpowers or enhanced abilities during puberty. The film franchise consists of 11 movies and since then has captivated audiences and fans worldwide with its unique concept of characters, storylines, and plots. With multiple reboots and spin-offs over more than 20 years, the franchise has left a lasting impression on the superhero genre.

The journey began in 2000 with Bryan Singer’s X-Men, which introduced audiences to the conflict between mutants and humans, led by Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto. In recent years, the X-Men franchise has undergone significant changes with Disney’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox. In 2011, Matthew Vaughn breathed new life into the series with X-Men: First Class, a prequel exploring the origins of Professor X and Magneto during the 1960s. As fans eagerly anticipate the integration of mutants into the MCU, the X-Men franchise continues to evolve, leaving an enduring legacy in the superhero genre. The film’s success paved the way for sequels, including X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand, establishing the franchise as a box office hit. 

The X-Men franchise is now returning with the television series X-Men ’97. The show, a continuation of the critically acclaimed 1990s animated series X-Men: The Animated Series, is expected to reignite the passion for the beloved characters in a new generation. The revival comes at a time of nostalgia for ’90s entertainment, with fans eager to revisit the stories and characters that defined their childhoods. The show aims to capture the spirit of the original series while offering fresh perspectives and updated animation techniques to appeal to modern audiences. The return of the X-Men franchise demonstrates its ability to adapt and evolve with the times.