Breaking News

Kingsley Voice

Kingsley Voice

Romantic comedies that will brighten up your day

Drama Republic, Universal International Studios, Focus Features

Calling all hopeless romantics! Exams are coming up and what better way to cheer up oneself than to watch some cute rom-coms? We all adore them: the two memorable leads, the dramatic love confessions and most importantly the somewhat unrealistic hope that something tragic could happen one day. Without further ado, here are some of the most iconic rom-coms that have to be seen at least once in everyone’s life! 

Summit Entertainment, Marc Platt Productions, Imposter Pictures, Gilbert Films

La La Land (2016)

This one can easily get anyone’s feet kicking in the air. This enchanting musical starring Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling features the story of a music-loving fanatic Sebastian and a film enthusiast Mia as they both navigate various aspects of their life together and attempt to pursue their dreams in Los Angeles. Sebastian aspires to open his own jazz club while Mia is constantly attending auditions to book roles as an aspiring actor. This movie truly proves to the audience that no matter what goals or values one has in life, their romantic relationships can always still be manageable. Not only does this film give hope to the audience, but it also includes some hilarious comedic elements so be prepared to be dying of laughter in every other scene.

Five Feet Apart': What Condition Do Stella And Will Have,, 56% OFF
CBS Films, Welle Entertainment, Wayfarer Entertainment

Five Feet Apart (2019)

Starring Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson, this movie takes the audience on an endearing roller coaster ride and carries on the classic rom-com trope of  “opposites attract”. Will and Stella are both teenagers who meet at a hospital due to their cystic fibrosis condition which has caused them to be under medical attention for most of their lives. Will is carefree, lazy and unserious. Stella on the other hand is the complete opposite; her life is completely and perfectly organized. There is one catch, however: they must maintain distance between each other in order to stay safe. Together, they go on hospital dates, help each other with recovery and have hysterical arguments that will get the audience chuckling in their seats. 

Yong Film

20th Century Girl (2022)

A sweet high school romance starring Byeon Woo-Seok and Kim Yoo-Jung confirms that teenage love is truly pure and can last a lifetime. Woon-ho is a new international student at Bo-ra’s school who is immediately starstruck by her aura. They both are a part of the school broadcasting club where they get the opportunity to become closer to one another and form a special connection. Throughout the film, themes of friendship, comical misunderstandings and growing up are portrayed as Bo-ra and Woon-ho make their way through high school. This film is a must-watch and will surely warm the hearts of the viewers. 

One Day (2024)

Navigating one’s twenties is difficult to manage but thankfully, this TV show starring Leo Woodall and Ambika Mod demonstrates exactly how to do it right! Dexter and Emma meet by chance on the night of their graduation ceremony at the University of Edinburgh and immediately hit it off, embarking on an adorable whirlwind romance. While they face many humorous struggles in the duration of their relationship so hilarious that it quite literally brings tears to one’s eyes, they eventually become the best versions of themselves. 

View Comments (2)