Breaking News

Kingsley Voice

Kingsley Voice

Don’t be a whelp, go to Science Help!

Science Help runs in B11 from Monday to Thursday after school till 4:15 pm

Science stands as one of the most fascinating, yet enigmatic, subjects in high school, with all disciples dissecting the way the world functions and how it turns. Science is an extremely complex subject and can be rightfully challenging for many students. Fortunately, R.H. King Academy provides an after-school help program which can assist many students in overcoming science-related obstacles.

Science Help provides a structured environment where students can inquire and ask for further help they may not otherwise receive, with one-on-one assistance along with peer support. Essentially, students can bring their friends and science homework and find assistance with a peer tutor. This assistance not only helps students understand and obtain more knowledge about the course they’re in but also helps ignite sparks that could awaken a passion they might not have been aware of.

A student can find all kinds of excuses for why their mark isn’t as good as they want, but only that student has the power to make the changes needed to raise their mark.

— Mr. Lloyd

One of the key, unspoken benefits of participating in science help is building confidence. With all those equations, formulas, abstract theories and applications, there’s no doubt that science can be daunting. Students find it hard to wrap their minds around many of these intangible concepts, leading to frustration, rejection of help and possibly more absences.

However, attending Science Help allows students to build confidence, encourages them to try to understand foreign concepts, and perform better in an academic environment. Mr. Lloyd, the supervisor for science help, says, “A student can find all kinds of excuses for why their mark isn’t as good as they want, but only that student has the power to make the changes needed to raise their mark. Don’t be a whelp, go to Science Help.”

Science Help runs in B11 from Monday to Thursday after school till 4:15 pm!

Other extra help opportunities at King include:

English Extra Help 

Tuesday @ lunch 

Room B41 

Math Peer Tutoring 

Monday to Thursday after school (3:15-4:15 PM)

Room C71 

Modern Languages Peer Tutoring (French/Spanish) 

Thursday @ lunch 

Room C67