Breaking News
  • April 17 - Late start schedule
  • April 19 - Eid celebration dinner
  • April 22 - Mid-term report cards distributed
  • April 24 - Late start schedule

Kingsley Voice

Kingsley Voice

Things to do in November (on a student budget)

vsnapshot/Instagram

It’s November and King students know what that means. Yes, the November break is quickly approaching! Here are some things to do in Toronto this November:

• Catch a sports game – ‘Tis the season of basketball and hockey so catch a game. The Toronto Raptors (basketball) and Maple Leafs (hockey) are major league teams and as many Torontonians believe, “The pride of Toronto”. Tickets for these teams typically start at $100. A budget-friendly option would be to see Raptors 905 or the Toronto Marlies (junior basketball and hockey teams respectively). Tickets for the junior teams range from $15-$70. 

• Watch a movie – Cineplex Community Day is on November 4 and all Cineplexes across Canada will be showing movies for free! To make the deal better, concessions are only $2.50.  This offer is also available at Rec Rooms and Playdiums. For those who can’t make it, catch a movie anytime during the rest of the month. Some eagerly anticipated films are Priscilla (already in theatres), The Marvels (releasing November 10), and The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes (releasing November 17).

• Visit an art gallery – For those of artistic essence or really just anyone looking for something to do, there are many art galleries open (and free)! The Art Gallery of Ontario has free admission on Wednesday nights, perfect for the middle of Wellness Week trip. Some other options include The Market Gallery at St. Lawrence Market or The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery at Harbourfront Centre. 

• Go to the Santa Claus parade – To end the month and really welcome the holiday season, participate in the Santa Claus parade on November 26. The large parade starts at Christie Pitts and ends at the St. Lawrence Market, making the route very scenic. It consists of various floats and marching bands, sure to bring the holiday spirit!

Stay restful this Wellness Week and enjoy the rest of November!

View Comments (1)