Breaking News

Kingsley Voice

Kingsley Voice

Percy Jackson returns to the Riordanverse

The Riordanverse (books written by Rick Riordan that have overlapping characters) has been expanding since the first series, Percy Jackson And The Olympians, was completed in 2009. In total, there have been 21 novels and multiple short story collections. The universe started with Percy Jackson himself as the main narrator and protagonist, but as the world expanded, the number of main protagonists did as well.

Percy shared his spotlight as the main character with other characters within the universe and was not included in certain series at all. Fans of the series had thought they would never get to see a new story with Percy Jackson and his two best friends, Annabeth and Grover, going on an adventure together. That was until Rick Riordan, the author of the series announced there would be a sequel to The Chalice Of The Gods.

The Chalice Of The Gods follows Percy navigating his senior year of high school and most importantly, college applications. This all takes a turn for Percy when he learns that to apply to the college of his choice, he would need 3 letters of recommendation from Mount Olympus. He is sent on a quest with Annabeth and Grover to retrieve a Chalice for a struggling god in order to get the recommendation letter.

Rick Riordan announced the sequel, Wrath Of The Triple Goddess, on the first night of the book tour for The Chalice Of The Gods. It is set to be released in September of 2024 and will follow Percy, Annabeth, and Grover on a quest to retrieve Percy’s second letter of recommendation. A series focused on Percy Jackson and his adventures, after more than 10 years, has lifelong fans reliving their younger years by being reunited with a beloved character of their childhood.

View Comments (5)