Breaking News
  • April 17 - Late start schedule
  • April 19 - Eid celebration dinner
  • April 22 - Mid-term report cards distributed
  • April 24 - Late start schedule

Kingsley Voice

Kingsley Voice

Things to do in October (on a student budget)

@shotsbyfareen/Instagram

Happy long weekend King! Many students may be wondering what to do to kill some time (apologies for the Halloween pun) from this long weekend or even the rest of the month. Students shouldn’t worry though because the fall season brings a lot of things to do. Here are some things to do in Toronto this October:

• Visit a fall festival – Get in the fall spirit with a visit to an autumn festival. Walk around a corn maze, pick pumpkins, anything is possible! Some recommendations are Pingle’s Harvest Festival (until October 29) and Applewood Farm (until October 31). 

• Go on an autumn hike – What better time is there than fall to go on a hike? The pursuit to the top leads to beautiful views along the way and of course, perfect Instagram posts. Some suggestions are Rouge National Urban Park, Glen Stewart Ravine, and Don Valley Brickworks – all of which are free. 

• Grab fall treats – The need for sweet treats is something that’s all year round but October calls specifically for fall flavours. That’s right – pumpkin spice, apples, caramel, pretty much all the good stuff. Some recommendations are the Brown Butter gelato at Death in Venice, the Pecan Butter Tart cookies from Craig’s Cookies, and the Vegan Pumpkin Pie donuts at Bloomer’s.

• Do something Halloween-y – October being the month of Halloween means many places are open to get eerie vibes. The options are endless – a haunted house, walk-through light displays, anything one could think of. Some suggestions are Halloween Nights of Lights at Scarborough Town Centre (until October 31), Halloween Haunt at Wonderland (until October 31), and Fear Forest in Oshawa (until October 29).

Make sure to take some personal time and do something fun this October!