Addams Family the Musical: King’s newest production!

December 12, 2022

The Addams Family Musical has been announced as the production for this year. Each year, King performs a musical to show school variety and what the classes have to show. This year, the students worked so hard to make this musical possible.  The show begins on Tuesday, December 13th, and goes on till Friday, December 16th! More information on tickets down below!

The goal of the musical is to share the talents of the class and put on a show for the school. It promotes school spirit and the diversity of the many talents our student body has to offer. In addition, students can also bring people from other schools to come to watch the show. This is a public event. How amazing is that? This is an excellent opportunity to make new friends, and have a fun time enjoying yourselves as you desire for a bit.

Furthermore, the cast has many to say about this amazing musical. Carys, a King student playing Morticia Addams for this musical, says “I’m very excited to be a part of such a fun show and I think it was a great choice for our class. It’s a family-friendly and comical musical that I think everyone will love.” Anica, another King student playing Gomez, states “I think the musical is wonderful and so many students in King put hard work and effort into putting the musical together. Also, Ms. Hussey who is the director worked very hard to make this possible. So everyone should come and watch this musical because it would be like a Broadway experience you never got!”.

I think that the musical is going really well. Ms. Hussey did a phenomenal job casting it, every cast member is able to play their role so well. We are all having so much fun rehearsing and we are so excited to be on stage next week!

— Robyn Raine, playing Mel Beineke

Claire, playing the Grandma also includes, “I’m really excited this year. It’s the first big production in a long time and it’s awesome to be a part of bringing the arts back at King. Being in the musical theatre class is super fun, not only because you can learn and get a mark for doing something you enjoy, but you get to put on a show with the people who like performing as much as you do.”

The director of this production is Ms. Hussey. The characters in the musical are Wednesday, Lucas Beineke, Gomez, Morticia, Pugsley, Grandma, Alice Beineke, Mal Beineke, Lurch, Uncle Fester and the ancestors.

There should also be given credit to the theatre tech class, King Tech Council and set team (King Visual Arts Council) who have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to put the show together. The tickets are $10 each. They can be purchased through the School Cash Online website.  Again, the show runs from December 13th to December 16th. Doors open at 6:30 and show starts at 7 PM.

You can click on this link here (or copy-paste) to purchase tickets for this amazing musical: https://tdsb.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/149638/153/False/True